Press + Media Contact
Cylance PR Team
• New Endpoint Security Software Instantly and Mathematically Determines What is Safe and What is a Threat Without the Use of Signatures, Heuristics, Behavioral Analysis, Sandboxing Detonation or Micro-virtualization • Unsurpassed 95+ Percent Detection Rate Prevents Unknown Threats before they Compromise your Company
Irvine, CA and Santa Clara, CA -- (February 18, 2014) – Cylance, Inc., the first math-based threat detection and prevention company, today announced the release of CylancePROTECT. The product takes a unique mathematical and machine learning approach to stop the advanced threats on endpoint computers. Without the traditional use of signatures, rules, behavior, heuristics, whitelists or sandboxing, CylancePROTECT identifies and renders new malware, viruses, bots, zero-days and unknown future attacks useless.
“The fundamental flaw in today’s cybersecurity infrastructure is that protection requires detection, and detection requires a patient zero,” said Stuart McClure, Cylance founder and CEO. “Human-generated signatures, based primarily on previously discovered samples, have failed to solve the problem as zero-day threats continue to operate silently and unimpeded.”
The first to apply algorithmic science to security in a scalable way, Cylance is delivering a new threat detection model that instantly determines what is safe and what is a threat without ever having to have seen the threat before. Cylance’s deep security domain experience is uniquely combining the understanding of a hacker's mentality with algorithmic intelligence and best practices to enable CylancePROTECT to be truly predictive and preventive against advanced threats.
“Attacks keep evolving, bypassing all kinds of traditional security technologies," said Richard Stiennon, chief research analyst at IT-Harvest. "The market is ripe for a revolutionary new solution to securing the endpoint. Cylance’s approach is the most exciting innovation in endpoint security I have seen."
CylancePROTECT’s mathematical approach uses patent-pending, machine learning techniques to identify and stop threats before they execute.
The Cylance approach has produced the most accurate, efficient and effective solution for preventing advanced malware and persistent threats from executing on endpoints. Internal testing versus third parties discovered a 500X improvement in detection of all data, good and bad, with the ability to stop 100 percent of what is found. Other solutions miss what has not already been previously identified and often can’t block the majority of what it does see. As an example, CylancePROTECT can protect against nested malware delivered in a legitimate application.
CylancePROTECT is designed to complement existing endpoint security and be non-impactful to administrators and end users. Its value is to eliminate the concern for unknown and advanced threats, often missed by the other solutions.
CylancePROTECT’s tiny agent sits on top of current solutions and integrates with existing management software for ease of distribution and management. Most importantly, CylancePROTECT is not required to be continually updated, and gives the administrator complete control over configurability from the management console.
“Current endpoint technologies claim high detection rate, but in actuality the real rate is often much lower, sometimes under 50 percent,” McClure added. “No other endpoint protection product compares to the accuracy, ease of management and effectiveness of CylancePROTECT, which has more than a 95 percent detection rate.”
Key values of CylancePROTECT:
More Effective Protection
- Identifies and categorizes ‘unknown’ data as safe or as a threat
- Stops advanced persistent threats and malware execution
- Actively monitors in real time, all the time, online and offline
- No conflicts with existing security or endpoint software
- Tiny client: installs, scans and protects in seconds
- Doesn’t slow down computers or require pop-up screens
- Supports clients for Windows PCs - laptops, and servers & virtual servers
- Mathematical algorithm always up-to-date -- no updates required
Enterprise Web-Based Management Console
- Integration with third-party management
- Group policy and structure
- Whitelist and blacklist support for administrative granularity
- Social threat awareness of what else is infected
- Threat detail visibility
- Detection mode through passive auditing
- Self-protection against user of attacker tampering
- Memory protection and execution control to prevent injection and hijacking techniques, overflows and in-memory execution techniques.
About Cylance® Inc.
Cylance is the only company to offer a preventive cybersecurity solution that stops advanced threats and malware at the most vulnerable point: the endpoint. Applying a revolutionary artificial intelligence approach, the Cylance endpoint security solution, CylancePROTECT®, analyzes the DNA of code prior to its execution on the endpoint to find and prevent threats others can’t, while using a fraction of the system resources associated with endpoint antivirus and detect and respond solutions that are deployed in enterprises today. For more information visit: www.cylance.com
Cylance and CylancePROTECT are registered trademarks or trademarks owned by Cylance Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions and may not be used without prior written permission. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.