Press + Media Contact
Cylance PR Team
IRVINE, CALIFORNIA, October 17, 2017 - Cylance® Inc., the company that revolutionized the antivirus industry with AI-powered prevention that blocks everyday malware along with today’s most advanced cyberthreats, has announced the publication of a book entitled, "Introduction to Artificial Intelligence for Security Professionals." Written by the Cylance Data Science team, the book shows how the scalability and efficacy of artificial intelligence are earning it a rightful place as a critical element in future technology and software development.
"Machine learning provides a much-needed intelligent toolbox for information security teams," said Homer Strong, Director of Data Science at Cylance. "The Cylance Data Science team has delivered a solid primer on the concepts and specific approaches in data science that have proven the ability to detect attacks. We’re pleased to offer it to the security community."
With plentiful examples and illustrations, "Introduction to Artificial Intelligence for Security Professionals" covers:
- Practical security-oriented applications of artificial intelligence/machine learning techniques
- Clustering - the grouping of items to identify anomalies
- Classification – training a model to distinguish between classes using inputs
- Probability – answering the question "What are the odds?" and employing the results
- Deep learning – a look at the powerful class of neural network models that drive some of the most effective methods in machine learning today.
About the Authors
Contributing members from the Cylance Data Science team include:
- Brian Wallace, a security researcher turned data scientist with a propensity for building tools that merge the worlds of information security and data science
- Sepehr Akhavan-Masouleh, a data scientist who works on the application of statistical and machine learning models in cybersecurity, who holds a Ph.D. from the University of California, Irvine
- Andrew Davis, a neural network expert with a Ph.D. in computer engineering from the University of Tennessee
- Mike Wojnowicz, a data scientist with a Ph.D. from Cornell University who enjoys developing and deploying large-scale probabilistic models due to their interpretability
- John Brock, a data scientist researching applications of machine learning to static malware detection and analysis who holds an M.S. in computer science from the University of California, Irvine.
To learn more about the book, visit the Cylance blog. To request a copy, please visit this link.
About Cylance® Inc.
Cylance is the first company to apply artificial intelligence, algorithmic science and machine learning to cybersecurity to prevent the most advanced security threats in the world. Using a breakthrough predictive analysis process, CylancePROTECT quickly and accurately identifies what is benign and what is a threat, and prevents malicious code from ever executing on a targeted system. By coupling advanced machine learning and artificial intelligence with a unique understanding of an attacker’s mentality, Cylance provides technology and services that are truly predictive and preventive against the most advanced threats. For more information visit: www.cylance.com
Cylance and CylancePROTECT are registered trademarks or trademarks owned by Cylance Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions and may not be used without prior written permission. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.