Press + Media Contact
Cylance PR Team
One of Only 33 Organizations Worldwide to Achieve 3PAO Classification as an Inspection Body
Irvine, California, March 8, 2016 – Cylance®, the company that is revolutionizing cybersecurity through the use of artificial intelligence to proactively prevent advanced persistent threats and malware, today announced that it has achieved certification in the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) and is designated as an approved Third Party Assessment Organization (3PAO). Cylance is one of only 33 organizations worldwide to obtain this classification as an inspection body to assess cloud systems for the federal government.
FedRAMP is the first government-wide program that provides a standardized approach to security assessment, authorization and continuous monitoring for cloud-based services. In order to receive accreditation, Cylance demonstrated an advanced level of technical proficiency and compliance experience. According to the A2LA, the "assessment process involves a rigorous evaluation of technical competence of the 3PAOs as well as an assessment of their compliance with international standards."
“The Cylance mission is to protect every endpoint on the planet, and a key part of that mission is strong support for national cybersecurity efforts of the United States,” said Stuart McClure, Cylance President and CEO. “This FedRAMP certification is an important sign that we are ready and able to support the U.S. government using advanced security techniques and approved best practices for every project we undertake together.”
Cylance has been committed to supporting national security through advanced security research, breakthrough AI solutions, and best-in-class support and services. Many government organizations have invested in the company’s cybersecurity product, CylancePROTECT®, and Cylance Professional Services to prevent and protect them from cyber attacks.
Cylance recently announced a strategic alliance with RiceHadleyGates LLP and has gained significant momentum in the federal market through recent accreditations, awards, partnerships and a dedicated federal support team.
In addition to the strategic alliance with RiceHadleyGates LLP, Cylance has taken several additional steps to strengthen its support for federal customers:
- The company has built a dedicated government team and recently hired Stephen Baker, Director of Federal Sales, and Geoffrey Stilley as Director of Federal Business Development to support the growing number of customers in the federal marketplace.
- Cylance is supported by former federal company advisors Bob Bigman, former CIO of the Central Intelligence Agency and Gordon Snow, formerly with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, as well as by Art Coviello, formerly Executive Chairman of RSA, the Security Division of EMC.
- In-Q-Tel (IQT), the independent strategic investment firm that identifies, adapts, and delivers innovative technology solutions to support the missions of the U.S. intelligence community, has made a strategic investment in Cylance.
- CylancePROTECT, the industry’s most advanced endpoint threat prevention solution, is also in FIPS and Common Criteria Certification process to ensure full compliance with federal regulations.
- Cylance executives Malcolm Harkins, Global Chief Information Security Officer (formerly Global CISO at Intel) and Jon Miller, Vice President of Strategy, were named Fellows of the Institute for Critical Infrastructure Technology (ICIT) to help expand the Institute’s growing expertise in preventive cybersecurity technologies and other national cybersecurity concerns.
- Cylance achieved accreditation from the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA).
About Cylance® Inc.
Cylance is the only company to offer a preventive cybersecurity solution that stops advanced threats and malware at the most vulnerable point: the endpoint. Applying a revolutionary artificial intelligence approach, the Cylance endpoint security solution, CylancePROTECT®, analyzes the DNA of code prior to its execution on the endpoint to find and prevent threats others can’t, while using a fraction of the system resources associated with endpoint antivirus and detect and respond solutions that are deployed in enterprises today. For more information visit: www.cylance.com
Cylance and CylancePROTECT are registered trademarks or trademarks owned by Cylance Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions and may not be used without prior written permission. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.