Press + Media Contact
Cylance PR Team
Endpoint cybersecurity leader expands local team with key appointments in enterprise and sales engineering roles
IRVINE, CALIFORNIA, December 12, 2016 - Cylance® Inc, the company revolutionizing cybersecurity with the practical application of artificial intelligence to prevent the most advanced cyberthreats, today announced strategic appointments to the company's team in Australia and New Zealand (ANZ).
The regional hires include Rick Ferguson and Anthony Farr, appointed to the role of Enterprise Sales Managers, and Lani Edwards as the company's Regional Channel Manager. The executives will report to Andy Solterbeck, Vice President, Cylance Asia Pacific, driving the company's regional sales and solutions delivery to market.
Furthermore, Vlado Vajdic, Mark Jones and Stephen King also join the Cylance team as Sales Engineers for the ANZ region. All three will report to Greg Singh, Director of Sales Engineering, Cylance Asia Pacific.
According to Solterbeck, since launching into this market earlier this year, Cylance has seen a tremendous level of interest from the marketplace. There has been strong uptake escalated through the channel, with early adoption in the mid-tier and enterprise customer base.
"We are excited to announce the new appointments to Cylance's channel and sales team in ANZ," said Solterbeck. "Cylance’s regional growth strategy is reliant on our channel partners, and we are investing in a team of industry experts with impeccable credentials to manage and support the demand for our solutions."
- Rick Ferguson will be responsible for leading sales in New South Wales, Canberra and New Zealand. He has held a number of senior management positions globally and has most recently worked as Regional Director at Palo Alto Networks and Director of Sales at Cisco Systems.
- Anthony Farr brings over 25 years of industry experience to his role managing Cylance's sales operations in Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, and Western Australia.
- Lani Edwards, in her newly created role, will drive Cylance's channel program and continued growth in the region. Prior to joining Cylance, Edwards was regional Head of Channels at FireEye and Juniper Networks.
- Vlado Vajdic has spent the last decade as a technical solutions consultant in the enterprise security sector and was most recently responsible for big data security analytics as a Sales Engineer at Splunk.
- Mark Jones brings 30 years of experience to his role at Cylance, having worked as Sales Engineer at Cisco Systems, Blue Coat Systems, and Splunk, and as a technical engineer at Barclays and ANZ Banking Group.
- Stephen King brings a solid foundation of information security experience along with more than 20 years of experience in IT to the team, having come most recently from technology solution provider Data#3.
Cylance has pioneered the use of artificial intelligence and machine learning to identify and block cyberthreats at the endpoint. In just a few short years, the company has achieved a position of leadership in the security industry, recently raising US$100 million in Series D funding. Gartner recently name Cylance the fastest-growing endpoint security company of the last decade.
About Cylance® Inc.
Cylance is the first company to apply artificial intelligence, algorithmic science and machine learning to cybersecurity to prevent the most advanced security threats in the world. Using a breakthrough predictive analysis process, CylancePROTECT® quickly and accurately identifies what is benign and what is a threat, and prevents malicious code from ever executing on a targeted system. By coupling advanced machine learning and artificial intelligence with a unique understanding of an attacker’s mentality, Cylance provides technology and services that are truly predictive and preventive against the most advanced threats. For more information visit: www.cylance.com
Cylance and CylancePROTECT are registered trademarks or trademarks owned by Cylance Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions and may not be used without prior written permission. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.